For this term our topic work is based on British and local history over the past 300 years. Class 5 have started researching and have already found out a huge variety of information and are now beginning to learn about classifying different types of evidence, to help them gain a better understanding of the past.
The children have been asked to continue this research at home with their particular focus on local history. This may involve exploring some of the following ideas:
- the origins of street, road or building names,
- find out about buildings that are no longer here or used any more e.g. the hospital, train station,
- write a set of questions you would like to ask someone who has lived in Baschurch for many years,
- investigate how transport/public transport has changed over three centuries,
- explore changes in the use of land….
Children may present their findings in a variety of ways e.g power point presentations, information posters or leaflets. We are open to suggestions and will give opportunity for the class to discuss any ideas they have.
As this is an on going project, the class will be asked to bring any research done at home with them to school on Tuesdays. We hope to use this information to support and extend their learning in the classroom.
Thank you to the many children who have returned completed homework packs from last term. But don’t worry if it’s not finished, I was not expecting them to be. If children wish to continue with them that would be great, as they can help to extend their learning at home.