The school council met last week to discuss some improvements we could make around school for the summer term. Our focus was playtimes, behaviour and kindness.
The school councilors will add their own blog post in more detail, but the topics we discussed were:
– lunchtime supervisors: how can we help them more and make their jobs easier?
– friendship stop: do we need a new one? What is available to buy?
– Worry boxes: how can we use these more regularly and more effectively?
– Time-out areas: could we have some stress relief toys in a box to help children calm down?
– Library garden: could we revamp this so that children could use it as an area to chill out?
– Be Kind box: a place for children and staff to put kind message in, or thank people for acts of kindness. Teachers will give these out at the end of each week.
– Kindness Monitors: the school council will take on this role
Look out for the school council blog posts, as you will be able to comment on them and put your own ideas forward.