Hello, everyone my name is Bethany, and I am the year 6 school Counsellor. I am happy to have this opportunity to be a school councillor and I can’t wait to meet all of the other counsellors in this wonderful school. I am interested in riding, walking and animals. If anyone has a problem or any ideas I would be happy to listen to them
This is a placeholding blog post.
Add blogs to this area by clicking the add my blog post link.
The school council met last week to discuss some improvements we could make around school for the summer term. Our focus was playtimes, behaviour and kindness.
The school councilors will add their own blog post in more detail, but the topics we discussed were:
– lunchtime supervisors: how can we help them more and make their jobs easier?
– friendship stop: do we need a new one? What is available to buy?
– Worry boxes: how can we use these more regularly and more effectively?
– Time-out areas: could we have some stress relief toys in a box to help children calm down?
– Library garden: could we revamp this so that children could use it as an area to chill out?
– Be Kind box: a place for children and staff to put kind message in, or thank people for acts of kindness. Teachers will give these out at the end of each week.
– Kindness Monitors: the school council will take on this role
Look out for the school council blog posts, as you will be able to comment on them and put your own ideas forward.
Big thank you to the school council for writing and asking questions to the candidates who were coming for interview this week. You were extremely mature and thoughtful and the candidates commented on how professionally you carried out their interview. Well done.
A huge thank you to everyone who joined us last Friday in church for our Harvest Service. We were so proud of all of the children and how they performed. With your help we managed to raise a fantastic £140.16 for Macmillan Cancer Support. This Friday there is another fantastic opportunity to raise money for this important charity with our Macmillan Coffee Afternoon. Please see previous post for more information.
Have you got what it takes? We need 2 children from each class who are happy to work with teachers and governors on our council. Are you someone who can listen to their classmates and feedback their ideas to the staff? Are you someone who has lots of ideas of your own that could help our school get better and better?
If you would like to be a school councillor, please make a poster or write a small speech to let us know what qualities you have to bring to this role. Your class will vote for you this week.