Good Morning Everyone!
Hope you’ve had a good weekend and ready for another week of school! We are looking forward to seeing you all again either in class or on Zoom.
1) Complete/choose the correct date and which level you want to choose. Bronze is the easiest and Platinum is the hardest! (Challenge yourself – think which one you should be trying, we should have sent you a suggested level for you to try but you are very welcome to try above) https://corbettmathsprimary.com/5-a-day/
2) Complete daily White Rose task – Ratio – Week 1
Monday 29th – Introducing the Ratio Symbol
Tuesday 30th – Calculating Ratio
Wednesday 1st – Using Scale Factor
Thursday 2nd – Ratio and Proportion
Friday 3rd – Friday Maths Challenge!
A weekly set of word problems involving a range of maths.
All this week’s reading tasks will come from Chapter 8.
Task 1: Read the chapter
Task 2: Michael Murpurgo usually bases an idea on a book form a news report or something he has seen about a real event. Is the story that Kensuke told Michael actually real? Time to play investigator and find out!
Task 3: Complete the reading comprehension questions below.
- Why does Michael feel that he has to hide his message in the coke bottle?
- What were Kensuke’s hopes for the future?
- What has been lost now, between Michael and Kensuke?
Task 4: Can you complete a timeline using information from the text?
Complete a time line of Kensuke’s life, from his birth in Japan until he is in the boat with Michael telling his story; include all the significant events.
Task 4 – Read Chapter 9 ready for Monday