Hello everybody, we hope you enjoyed our Harvest Service today where we performed our own song to the tune of ‘London’s Burning’. Here is an update of what we’ve been up to!
We have finished our place value unit this week where we have been learning to:
* Represent numbers in different ways (in numbers, words, with base 10, in money, in a part-whole model),
- Represent numbers using number lines which go up in increments of 1, 2, 5 and 10
- Compare and order numbers using the < > and = signs
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s.
Next week we will be moving onto addition and subtraction where we will be learning to:
- Recall and use addition and subtraction facts to 20 fluently and use related facts up to 100
- Add and subtract numbers using concrete objects, pictorial representations and mentally.
- Show that addition of two numbers can be done in any order and subtraction cannot.
- Recognise and use the inverse relationship between addition and subtraction.
We will also continue our weekly times table tests, where the regular slot is a Tuesday afternoon.
Over the past two weeks we have become reporters! We have written newspaper reports from the night the Great Fire of London broke out and this week have been working on writing a script for a news report (some of which we have recorded today – keep an eye out on dojos for these next week!)
Next week we will move onto diary writing with a grammar focus of:
- Using capital letters for the start of sentences and for proper nouns
- When and how to use full stops, exclamation marks and question marks
- Recognising and using conjunctions in sentences
We have been reading the story of creation and created our own story boards to show how Christians believe that God made the world in 7 days.
We’ve been exploring different materials, discussing their properties and also recognising how they are recycled.
We are experts on the Great Fire of London! Next week we will be learning what happened to London following the Great Fire and will be writing to King Charles II to give him some advice about how to make London bigger, better and safer!